Date of birth: 23 July 1975
Phone: +46 (0)705 97 33 90
Address: Active Outdoor Media,
Årevägen 55, SE-83013 Åre, Sweden
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Very broad media knowledge with experience as producer, editor, writer, photographer and filmmaker.
- Seven years of experience as journalist and Editor-in-chief for Paddling and Utemagasinet Kajak.
- 25 years of experience running and developing web sites and working with information technology.
- Solid academic background with master studies in both Psychology and Computer Science.
- Natural talent for entrepreneurship, planning and organization, founder and organizer of several companies, magazines, events, committees etc.
- Expert kayaker and former Swedish Champion with ten years in the national freestyle team. Has pioneered over 40 whitewater first descents in Sweden and Norway.
2000 – 2003 Master of Social Science (Psychology)
Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
– Master thesis: “The importance of plane surfaces and topological information in visual perception of three dimensional shapes”
– Bachelor thesis: “Effects of I- and you-messages on the performance in a 10 minute reaction time task”
1994 – 2004 Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering
Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden
– Master thesis: ”Geographical Information Systems for River Recreation” (Incomplete)
– Individual profile: Human-Computer Interaction and Geographical Informations Systems (GIS)
– I studied for 5 years and achieved 229 academic points, but never formally finished this degree because
running my company consumed all my time.
2001 Basic Course in Practical Philosophy
Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
– Subjects: Moral and Ethics, Argumentation Analysis, Value Theory, Aesthetics, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Society.
2006 Basic Course in Business Economics
Linnaeus University, Kalmar, Sweden
– Subjects: Accounting, Financial Control
1991 – 1994 High School Technical Program
Forsmarks skola, Forsmark, Sweden
– Profile: Computer Science and Engineering
2004 – 2005 Waveface Media (Ljusdal, Sweden)
– Freelance journalist and photographer
– Web and video production
2006 – 2008 Fantastisk Produktion AB (Ljusdal, Sweden)
Co-owner, CEO, Chief editor
– Chief editor of Paddling magazine.
– Legally responsible for the publication of Surfing magazine (Swedish).
– This company was fusioned with Go Outside Media AB in January 2009.
2009 – 2010 Go Outside Media AB (Växjö, Sweden)
Co-owner, Member of the board, Chief editor
– Chief editor of Paddling magazine
– Member of the editorial staff of the Swedish edition of Outside magazine
– Legally responsible for the publication of Surfing magazine (Swedish)
2011 – Active Outdoor Media AB (Åre, Sweden)
– All kinds of media production, including print, web and video
– Freelance journalist, editor, writer, photographer and filmmaker
2011 – 2012 Utemagasinet KAJAK
I came with the idea to this new Swedish kayaking magazine that will be distributed together with Sweden’s leading outdoor and adventure magazine Utemagasinet. It is owned by Egmont Tidskrifter, which is one of the biggest publishers in Sweden with over 30 different magazines.
2005 – 2010 Paddling magazine
Founder, Co-owner and Chief editor
I founded this magazine in 2005 together with Fredrik Fransson and worked as chief editor for almost six years. Kayaking have always been my big passion and this was a way for me to inspire other people.
2009 – 2010 Outside magazine (Swedish edition)
Co-owner, member of editorial staff, writer
I was a member of the editorial staff at the Swedish edition of Outside magazine and wrote news and feature articles as well as translating american features from the mother edition.
2007 – 2009 Surfing magazine (swedish)
Founder, Co-owner and legally responsible for publication
I founded this magazine in 2007 together with the chief editor Thomas Högman and art director Tobias Ivarsson. It was Sweden’s first magazine for board surfers and was very well received by the Swedish surfing community.
FILM / VIDEO
2011 – 2012 Turbulens
Executive producer, director and videographer
Turbulens is the first ever swedish kayaking video with an inspiration and entertainment focus. It features sea-, whitewater- and surf kayaking in Scandinavia and will be released on DVD in summer 2012.
1995 – 2012 Developing and running web sites for 17 years
Founder, Co-owner, Web developer, Web designer
– 1995 The Canoe Club Ljusnan: My first serious web site featuring server side interactive clickable maps.
– 1998 Scandinavian Playboater: Web site focused on the Scandinavian Whitewater scene.
– 2000 Freestyle Kayaker: A leading international whitewater kayaking site at the time.
– 2002 Forspaddling.com: The number one site for all Swedish whitewater enthusiasts.
– 2005 Paddling.nu: Founder of Paddling magazines accompanying web site.
– 2010 Exploreare.se: Produced a web site for Åres leading company for outdoor activities.
– 2012 Several web projects are in the pipeline and scheduled for release during 2012.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Ljusnan-Voxnan Water Conservation Federation’s Water Conservation Award 2003
- Best Whitewater Photo of the Year 2008 and 2011 (in Sweden)
- Grant for entrepreneurship and regional development from the County Administrative Board for my project: “Geographical Information Systems for River Recreation” (2003)
- Pre-study grant for my project “Development of Ljusnan River for Kayaking” from Intryck Hälsingland (2004)
- Winner of the Himalayan Whitewater Challenge in Nepal 2005 (International Men’s class)
- Swedish Freestyle Kayak Champion 2001
- Swedish Kayak Cross Champion 2006
- Second place in the Danish Open Surf Kayak Championships 2011
ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Swedish Canoe Federation
- Founder and President of the Swedish Canoe Federation’s Freestyle Committee (2003-2004)
- Founder and member of the Swedish Canoe Federation’s Water Conservation Committee (2004-2005)
- Member of the Swedish Canoe Federation’s Whitewater Committee (2001-2003)
- Co-founder of the Swedish National Freestyle Kayak Cup (1999)
- Organizer of the Scandinavian Rodeo Cup (1998-1999)
- Co-founder and co-organizer of the first ever multidisciplinary Swedish Whitewater Championship (2003)
Ljusnan Canoe Club
- President (2000-2006)
- Vice-President (1995-2000)
- Treasurer (2007 – 2010)
- Member of the board (1990 – present)
- Founder and head organizer of Ljusnan River Festival, the biggest whitewater event in Sweden (2000-2006)
- Head organizer of several whitewater kayaking competitions each year (2000-2006).
- Pioneered over 40 whitewater first descents on rivers and creeks in Sweden and Norway
- Member of the Swedish national freestyle kayak team from 1999 to 2008
- Certified Whitewater Rescue Technician (2008)
- Certified Swift Water Rescue Technician 1 (1999)
- The first (and only) Swede to compete at a World Kayak Surfing Championships (Spain 2007)
- Involved in filming and editing Student-TV at Linköping University (2003)
- Co-founder of Forsmarks Nation, a student society in Linköping (1995).
INTERNATIONAL AND INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCIES
- Speaks Swedish and English fluently and can make myself understood in German
- I have kayaked down rivers on five continents. Examples of countries where I have paddled: Nepal, Uganda, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, France, Great Britain and Norway.